Here’s a listing of potentially useful scholarships that I have run across and wasn’t eligible for:
- Anita Borg Scholarship (sponsored by Google) – for students in computer science/technology
- Blogging Scholarship – deadline has passed, but I’m betting they’ll do it again.
- Comprehensive Listing of Scholarships you could potentially apply for.
- Dr. Marcelino F. Sierra Memorial Scholarship FundSponsor: New York City branch of the American Society for MicrobiologyType of Award: ScholarshipsAmount of Award: $1,500.00 The award must be applied to tuition, materials or activities directly related to the academic program.Application Deadline: The fund accepts applications on an ongoing basis by mail only. Applications are evaluated each year in September, January and June.Application Requirements/Description:This award is open to graduate students in the biological sciences who are preparing for a laboratory career in microbiology and to medical students who are conducting microbiologic studies as part of their medical school training.Applicants must have recent or current involvement in a laboratory project or activity related to the diagnosis or investigation of infectious diseases. Individuals must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the US at the time of the application. Contact
To receive an application for the Dr. Marcelino F. Sierra Memorial Scholarship write to
Dr. Marcelino F Sierra Memorial Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 736
Westbury, New York 11590
- High School Merit Scholarship – You tell them why you’re worthy of the scholarship.
- High School Poetry Scholarship (20 lines or less; submitted before the end of your senior year)
- Life Grants for People With Life-Threatening Diagnoses
- R.L. Gillette Scholarship This scholarship is available to female undergraduate students in the field of literature or music. Amount Awarded: $1000 Eligibility: Female, handicapped undergraduate students in the field of literature or music.Contact Information:
Julie Tucker, American Foundation for the Blind-Information Center, Scholarship Committee 11 Penn Plaza #300 New York NY 10002
- Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for Survivors of Cancer
Sponsors: Patient Advocate Foundation, Novartis Oncology Survivorship Fund, Alza Corporation Scholarship, Nexell’s Chance for Success Award, Amgen Scholarship, US Oncology Scholarship, Bristol-Myers Squibb Oncology/Immunology Scholarship, Genetech BioOncology ScholarshipType of Award: ScholarshipsAmount of Award: $5000.00 (8)Application Requirements/Description:
The purpose of these scholarships is to provide support to a person seeking to initiate or complete a course of study that has been interrupted or delayed by a diagnosis of cancer or other critical or life threatening disease.
A primary criterion for eligibility is that the recipients pursue a course of study that renders them immediately employable after graduation.
Medical Criteria: must be a survivor of a life threatening, chronic or debilitating disease.
-must maintain an overall 3.0 G.P.A.
-must be a full time student.
-must complete 20 hours of community service for the year the scholarship will be dispensed.
-must write an essay on why they have chosen that particular field, how some illness in their family -may have affected their decision and how they feel they can help others by earning this degree.
To receive an application for this scholarship call:For this scholarship only, write to this address for an application :Patient Advocate Foundation
753 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Suite B
Newport News, VA 23606
- Seemingly Random Listing of Scholarships (hey, don’t ask me. I just find it; I don’t write it)
- The Wayne Newton Music Scholarship
- Women Band Directors International Scholarships